Thursday, June 8, 2017

Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen - Fantasy Art by Dora Hathazi Mendes

I was hesitating with which painting should I start the Karavella Atelier blog, should be the one I love most, or should I try to make introductions in order of creating? Both way would be quite impossible, I have always a different artwork in a special place in my heart, also would be difficult to remember the order of creation, so I decided just to jump to the middle, and do not think too much.

I chose for today my Fairy Queen painting, because for my pride and happiness, it was recently selected, and featured in the Fine Art America Fantasy Art Blog with other lovely fairy paintings.

Fairy Queen painting by Dora Hathazi Mendes
Fairy Queen - Fantasy Art by Dora Hathazi Mendes

Fairy Queen was the result of experimenting and playing with some Ecoline liquid watercolor ink, and silver tempera, I just used freely the paint, when I started to see a graceful creature on my paper. Then I added some stronger lines to the colors, to help the Fairy to appear to the untrained eyes, because as we know not everybody is able to see them.


"Believe in the Fairies, Who make dreams come true. 
Believe in the wonder, The stars and the moon. 
Believe in the magic, From Fairies above.
 They dance on the flowers, And sing songs of love. 
And if you just believe, And always stay true, 
The Fairies will be there, To watch over you!"
- Unknown Author

It is an enchanting painting about a translucent, magical Fairy Queen with silver dotted wings, and transparent dress, walking graciously in dreamlike environment. As a print, or throw pillow, Fairy Queen is ideal decoration for bedrooms of girls, nurseries, or can be a charming fairy gift for everybody who believes in fairy tales and the power of magic and imagination. 

For my available originals and commission works, 
please Contact Me by sending a message through my website.
Thank you for your interest in my art, and than you for supporting me by sharing!

Dora Hathazi Mendes